Friday, September 15, 2017

Hmm …

… Amazon redacts one-star reviews of Hillary Clinton's What Happened | Books | The Guardian. (Hat tip, Rus Bowden.)

The book’s publisher at Simon & Schuster, Jonathan Karp, told the Associated Press: “It seems highly unlikely that approximately 1,500 people read Hillary Clinton’s book overnight and came to the stark conclusion that it is either brilliant or awful.”
Then we ought to be suspicious of both. I wonder how many other books Amazon has done this for.

2 comments:

  1. Judging the worth of a book from Amazon reviews is like judging an American's athleticism from his batting average in slow-pitch softball.

    I post reviews seldom, nearly always because I have suffered through a novel or history picked by my book club, and find that the Amazon reviews are overwhelmingly five-star. Since I do not purchase from Amazon, one then has to take an extra step to see the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm suspicious of them myself.

    ReplyDelete